We at St. Ann School provide the optimal early childhood environment for your child to "blossom" and become the special person he/she is. St. Ann Early Childhood Program strives to foster an atmosphere where the child continues to learn to develop positive images of God and all that He has created. The child progresses in respect for himself/herself and others. The child learns from experiencing and doing. We believe this will nurture and prepare the child for the transition into kindergarten.
- Develop knowledge and love of God and the St. Ann motto: "God Sees Me and God Loves Me".
- Develop independence and self discipline.
- Strengthen his/her ability to deal effectively with his/her world in a polite and orderly manner.
- Foster a sense of true self-worth, creativity, and a desire to learn.
- Encourage family cooperation and participation.
- A loving atmosphere that fosters a love of God and others.
- Cognitive and intellectual development with emphasis on socialization, physical development, creativity and effective learning patterns.
- Daily experiences in social situations with which the child can grow in social responsibility and cooperation.
- Varied and rich experiences that develop the child's self-esteem and self realization.
- Our curriculum centers on awareness of the stages of child development. The goal is to nurture each individual child’s emotional, social, physical and educational needs. The program covers all aspects of learning.
- Our teachers focus on language development, thinking and problem solving through exciting and engaging opportunities. Using language, music, art, manipulatives and physical indoor/outdoor play, we encourage self discipline, cooperation, curiosity, creativity and independence.
- Our teachers promote an environment of unconditional love and security, a sense of routine and preparation for Early Childhood education. Teachers are responsive, receptive and educated in the needs of early learners.
- Our curriculum focuses on learning through directed play, art and other activities.
- Our teachers plan centers with games, manipulatives and activities to develop independence, enhance motor skills, encourage creative thinking, and promote cooperation with others.
- Every opportunity is used to teach facts, build skills and develop concepts. The religion program, Beginner's Bible, is part of the curriculum.
- RELIGION: We use Discovering God’s World by William H. Sadlier.
- LANGUAGE ARTS: Our literature based program emphasizes letter recognition and phonemic awareness.
- SOCIAL STUDIES/SCIENCE: We explore concepts weekly using literature, manipulatives and other activities.
- MATH: The students experience math concepts and skills through activities which relate to the language and unit curriculums.
- HANDWRITING: Students learn to write letters, numbers and words.
All three and four year old students have access to computers in the classroom and receive enrichment classes in PE, Music, and Library.
- Children 3 or 4 must be potty trained to attend school.
- Children must be 2, 3 or 4 by September 30th of the registered year.
Full Day - 8:35 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
*Three Full Days - 8:35 a.m.- 2:45 p.m.
*Three Half Days - 8:35 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
*(Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Before and after care and holiday care will be provided for the students in the all day program for an additional fee.
The two year old program complies with all “Type 1” licensing regulations. All other programs are accredited by the State of Louisiana and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.